Monday, January 11, 2010

Crazy About Junk - My Newest Water feature


When I'm not busy in the nursery I love going to auctions and estate sales. You just never know what you will find. All of the decor in the nursery and gardens have been found at some of these sales. This past month has found me turning some of my treasures into some pretty cool stuff. In this picture you will find a white and red enamel ware coffee pot and dish pan. I thought it would make a great water feature for my deck. I added a small statuary pump and a few miscellaneous dishes and it looks like it is doing the washing for me. You can see that if the hose from the pump running into the coffee pot is not positioned just right, then the water splashes out of the pan. I was going to add a little bit of dish detergent to get a sudsy look but decided it would probably stop up the little pump.

2 comments:

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

Hey Linda, I love your blog! And the washing pot looks great! I will have to get mine out and take a picture of it too! Wait, maybe I will wait until it gets a little warmer outside, don't want it to FREEZE! I added my name to your list of followers, have a great week, can't wait for SPRING!!!
xoxo
Marilyn

Survivalsense said...

Great post!